Diversification

One of the last times I wrote you folks, I said I was going
to do team penning on my horse, just to break up the
boredom.  Well, we did it the first time last Sunday.  The
results....OK.  Nothing spectacular, but we both had fun, I
think.  Did it again today.  I couldn't believe the
difference in Phoenix.  He understood this time what he
really was supposed to do.  He seemed to enjoy himself more
than last week.  A couple of times, I had to pull him back
as he was chasing the calf out...he was going to run them
over.  Guess calves need to get in shape too :-)  I would
definitely recommend anyone that wants to try something new
with their endurance horse to do it.  The surprises you get,
hopefully always  pleasant, is worth it.  And just think of
all the great things you are challenging their mind
with....sometimes, the trail does get boring.  I mean, you
can only have so many deer jump out at you before it becomes
routine.
Diane & Phoenix (run cow or I'm going to get you)