Re: RC: x factor/ heart scores

barfield@PRIMENET.COM writes:

<< One of the horses we bred, SA Proud Endeavor, now owned by Marcia Smith,
participated in the heart score tests conducted  at Al Marah around Dec of 97
when Dr. Fred Fegan ( think that's his name) was there.

 The horse is tested at rest, and hooked up to a machine somewhat like an
EKG, with a printed read out.>

Fred Fregin. He uses QRS duration for estimating the size of the heart. He
likes it and claims efficacy, and I can't argue with him because he has the
data to back it up. But I like the actual measurements via ultrasound better.

> It is also my understanding  that the heart scores are passed on by the
mare.>

Don't bet your booties on that one.

 >Bernita Barfield
 Southwind Arabians
 Breeding Endurance Horses By Design ( ie great mares )
 Sierra Vista, AZ.  >>

ti