Re: RC: x-factor/heart scores

In a message dated 3/5/00 10:13:12 AM Pacific Standard Time,
CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com writes:

<< No one has argued that point.  Only the reverse concept, which is that
 genetics plays NO role, and it is all feed, training, strategy, etc. >

Honey, try to read for content: Pedigree and pedibabblers are the culprit
here, not Mother Nature. You're equating your "knowledge" of pedigree with
the wonders of Mother Nature--and thus far, pedibabblers have failed
miserably at predicting performance from mating charts. That's where the
horseshit lies, not in genetics.

 >Ti has
 suggested that many times, contradicting his own statements about certain
 lines doing well>

Again, I don't talk about "lines", I talk about individuals. You talk about
lines and other pedibabble and equate it to the science of genetics. Similar
to equating psychology and astrology to psychiatry and neurology.

 >and about 40% of success being attributable to natural
 ability.>

Natural ability is not pedigree.

 > It takes ALL the parts of the equation to some degree to make a
 winner--one simply has to choose which ones of Mr. Ivers' statements on the
 subject to believe.>

First, one has to make an attempt to actually understand the statements--and
they should be very clear to all but stubborn illiterates by now. Genetic
predisposition for athletic prowess does exist and probably accounts for some
45% of athletic performance in athletes.

Pedigree attempts to describe this genetic predisposition, but fails--it is
simply a religion promulgated by breeders. If breeders were truly interested
in breeding athletes, then they'd proceed as livestock breeders have,
measuring the actualy physiological parameters which produce athletic
prowess, and watch how they are passed on. Breeders don't do this. Instead,
they wait for a winner and then ascribe traits that may or may not exist in
order to sell their stock on false assumptions.

This discussion began with heart scores. What are the heart measurements of
your breeding stock, Heidi? You're a vet. You have the edquipment. You talk a
lot about the X factor. So, what are your numbers? Have you ever walked the
walk, or are you just talking the bullshit again?

ti

 Heidi >>