Re: Can you say tent? (Was: Slide in Camper or Gooseneck)

Dear Howard;
Tent camping with horses has been an interesting experience for me, too.  I
took my horse, Blade, camping to an endurance ride and put up my little dome
tent just past the rear of the trailer, so I could hear him in case
something happened.  The night after the ride I slept like a baby, having
borrowed an air mattress(I agree with you on this).  Well before dawn I woke
up to see a big, pink horse nose snorfling the netting on the top of the
tent.  I told him to go back to sleep, I couldn't move yet, so he wandered
back to his food.  It soon bored him, as he is a rather busy sort, so he
turned his attentions to the chair between the tent and the trailer, upon
which sat an orange and a box of powdered sugar donuts.  He investigated the
donuts, I told him to stop making so much noise, so he instead picked up his
real favorite, the orange.  This he grabbed in his teeth, held over the top
of the tent, and squeezed gently, so that the orange smell became strong
enough to alert me to impending juice.  I sat up, opened the door of the
tent, told him to hand it over if he wantd it peeled, so he stepped back and
did.  I undressed the orange, and fed him the slices(his very favorite treat
in the world), then told him to please go be quiet for awhile longer.  He
wandered back to his area, and was good for a little bit...then just
couldn't stand it anymore, and decided to play tug of war with my tent
liner..pulling the tarp out from under my tent with me in it.  Ok, fine...I
give...got up and took him for an early morning investigatory walk around
the camp, just to ease his worries about missing something.  Silly horse.
Katee