Can you say tent? (Was: Slide in Camper or Gooseneck)

k s swigart katswig@earthlink.net

When I read about all the towing with motorhomes, living
quarters v. campers, all I can think is, "Doesn't anybody
know how to camp?"

Seriously, somebody complained about all the "high tech"
requirements of HRMs, Glucometers, fancy supplements, etc.

Well...to do endurance, you don't need a motorhome, you don't
need a gooseneck trailer with living quarters, you don't
need a camper...you can actually camp.

And there are some significant advantages to sleeping outside
on the ground....you can hear your horse (and everybody else's).
Having campaigned for years with a stallion, I always set up my
tent (or just a sleeping bag on the ground if it isn't going to
rain) so I can see my horse without having to get up.  As a result
I can get a good night's sleep knowing that my horse will still
be there in the morning.  And believe it or not, I unusally find
the ground more comfortable.  OOther things that work, if I didn't
set up the tent and it starts to rain is the cab of the truck
(always have the window open...so you can hear the horse) or
the back of the trailer (assuming it has been cleaned out a bit).

The only requirement for riding endurance is a good horse (for the
first three years, I borrowed a truck and trailer).  The other
amenities can be handy, but they certainly aren't required.
You don't have to go out and buy tens of thousands of dollars
worth of "living accommodations" just to ride endurance.

And yes, you can do multi-days that way too.

kat
Orange County, Calif.

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-