Field Trial stake out

>walk around to ease his aches & pains?Can you put your set-up in place
>instantly in an emergency,anywhere? Build a Field Trial Stake-out. Your
>horse will thank you.
Hi Raymond!!

I use this system with my dogs, well not quite SO elaborate, but basically
the same thing. It works great!!  You are right that they don't get
tangled, it pulls out of the ground with some work, but not easy enough
that a dog has ever pulled it out.
I know several people who stake out their horses and it works great for
them.  I guess it's all how you train at home as someone here already
said.

I saw a horse get badly injured at a ride from a steel paneled corral, and
as has been pointed out, horses will/can hurt themselves from just about
any enclosure.

I use either picket, tie to trailer, or electric fence.  I work with them
at home on all this before I ever go to a ride.  It's not that quiet at my
place either. 100 feet from busy highway on one side, less than that to a
railroad tracks the other way.  It's very busy there.  There is also crop
dusters during planting time.  So, my guys get broke to a lot of "noise"
and such.   It still doesn't keep them from spooking at some stuff, even
things they are used to at home--DEER for one:-)--but it does help to have
them exposed to as many situations as possible. I take them to the
railroad crossing to get used to the bells, ding-dings, lights, and
crossing arms.  It gives me peace of mind.  Helps some in the long run
too.

samm