Update on Apache's leg

Hey, all,

  Just thought I'd post a quick update on Apache's leg.  The mixture of
desitin and wonderdust didn't help anything.  Apparently, proud flesh has
too strong a hold right now.  I finally talked to my vet.  He said, to get
rid of the proud flesh, to put Dr. Neylor's dehorning paste on the proud
flesh twice a day and rinse it off once a day (taking the proud flesh with
it, I guess).  He also advised me to take no more action than to get rid of
the proud flesh.  He said if the proud flesh gets above the level of the
skin again, to use the dehorning paste to beat it back again.  He said to
let it try to heal on its own without the interference of the proud flesh.
He said he'll look at the leg in 10 days when he comes out and if more
needs to be done, he'll let me know what.  Oh, he also said to shave the
area if I could to keep his hair from interfering with the healing process.
 Can't shave it, but I have scissors and will probably clip some tonight
before applying the dehorning paste.  Apparently this is strong stuff; he
repeatedly told me to use rubber gloves when applying it.

Never heard of using this on proud flesh...I'm going to try it, but has
anybody else had any experience with this particular product?
Can answer in private to keep ridecamp free of clutter.

Thanks,

April
Chattanooga, TN

Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net (http://www.endurance.net)
Endurance Net does not endorse or  recommend any
organizations, companies or individuals referenced in the Ridecamp
list service.  Endurance Net expressly excludes liability for any
damage, loss or injury that  may be suffered as a result of
information or opinions expressed on Endurance Net, www.endurance.net,
or the Ridecamp forum.