Re: Evaluating Yearling-2yo for potential cannon size at full growth

Hi,

In regards to cannon bone,the old Connemara pony breeders say that the
measurement between the eyes(width) is an indication of the size of the
cannon bone when  fully grown.  I'm not entirely sure if this works or
not.....My connemara stallion has over 9 inch cannons and they're very
short .  He  has  a lot of width between his eyes--guess I should check
this measurement someday. ( One of his sons at two years had the same
width and 8 +inch cannons.This...might be an old wives tale, but fun to
check out....)

Maureen M.