Help save...

Hi Kelli - Regarding the last line to your post
Breeders open your eyes and concentrate on quality - not quantity!!!!

I'd like to remind you that a few weeks ago there was lots of discussion on Ridecamp about the position of breeders in the whole picture of too many horses.  And I believe a good number of those who do breed endurance horses to sell pointed out that since many endurance riders don't want to pay the real cost of a horse (as you mentioned, well over $1000), why should "quality" breeders bother breeding anymore?  So, who's left breeding?  People who don't care about quality, who pay low stud fees for conveniently located stallions (who contribute - often - the wrong genetics for endurance).  Voila!  The warning message goes to buyers as well - they create the market, and if the market is over full of unwanted  horses, perhaps it is at least partially because buyers are voting with their dollars not to have breeders breed higher quality horses.

But I'm not an economics expert, just a broke breeder!  Lif
Lif & Paul Strand   STRAND ENTERPRISES   www.fasterhorses.com
          Arabian Horses (looking for new homes!)
         Nutrition for People & Critters * WebArt
                     Quemado, NM  USA