Chief Stew's Report

Report from the Chief Steward at the Twenty Mule Team 100  CEN Ride -
(and other events!)

As far as arrests of alleged persons wearing shorts, THAT is a story
that I will not tell on the internet (though it is a very good one!)
What I will tell is only what I saw, not what I heard about. Coming into
camp on Friday I happened to notice a  youngish man (in shorts) on a
quadratrac talking to a policeman. It was a boy on his toy, a boy toy?
Well he was not the one arrested and that is as much as I know
firsthand. Come to the Convention this weekend and I will tell anyone
the rest of that story.

There were team competions in the 100 mile ride along with the FEI
portion of the event. Only one team had a Chef D' Equipe or as Jim
Bumgardner puts it a "Chef d' Chicken" and this one truely was. The
winning team was named "Three Chicks and an Ass" and the Chef d' Chicken
was the one riding the Ass. None other that Frank Smith on Little
Buckaroo. Now Frank claims he would never ride FEI but I personally
think he already has at this ride. He was Chef d' Chicken and on a team
and all those members were in the FEI ride. Michele thinks that there
should be a mule at the FEI rides and so do I.

I would like to nominate Frank Smith and Buckaroo for the Pan Am Ride.
Anyone who sees him at the convention should suggest that to him. We'll
simply get him a rooster shaped helmet!
The Team:
Andrea Biancii I believe was the first FEI rider to finish on the strong
Robin Hood in about 6th place. You may recall that she and this horse
were 6th place at Tevis this last year. The horse has a remarkable
record. Other team members were Lori Olson and Heather Berganst. Three
Chicks and a Chef d' Chicken!

More stories later. Stev