RE: Riding with the dogs ;)

I agree recall is important.  My dogs too are taught to "heel" beside the
horse and they know when I say follow that mean get behind me and stay
there.  I use "leave it" for anything or any behavior I want them to quit
immediately and they are very responsive, even if it is another dog.

I have only had to carry one of the dogs for a short while on one ride last
summer.  I think my horse was insulted, after all that dog had four feet
too! But he put up with it as long as I asked.  He would reach his head
around and check the dog out from time to time as if to say "your still
there?"  Funny.  Great dog those BC's I'd have a dozen.

Dawna

winmail.dat