top ten

I do not ride endurance, but am on this list out of interest and gaining
knowledge from people who care enough about their horses to maintain them
in a condition of excellence which I feel benefits the horse beyond the
races. It upsets me that people who do not exercise such care and upon
whom the horse is dependent, should win or benefit in any way, from
abusing their horse. Why can't the rule be that to win in the top 5 or 3,
or whatever is appropriate, the horse must also vet check (BC?)in the top
5 or 3? It seems fairly easy to me to align the winning horses in a way
that rewards care and conditioning. But, maybe there is more involved...I
am not in the sport.

Karen