Re: Horse Slaughter

In a message dated 2/22/99 12:40:23 AM Eastern Standard Time, Tivers@aol.com
writes:

<<
 Antoinette,

 Here's good news. It turns out that horses are actually animals. Not
Unicorns.
 Not your cousin Jerry. More like cows, sheep, and chickens. They don't
 understand English very well. About as smart as dogs. Horses generally hate
 dogs and will kill them if they can, but doglove horses and tend to want to
 chase them all day--until they get their first or second kick in the head. At
 that point, both species become a little smarter.

 I hope this review alleviates at least part of your nervous breakdown and the
 subsequent Passion Vapors. The problem with this syndrome is that it ends
with
 you crawling down the sidewalk trying to avoid stepping on ants--or
 apologising to them before you do. I recommend the Movie As Good As It Gets
 for an insight into this kind of compulsivity. Pay particular attention when
 the author tells how he is able to write such wonderful female characters.

 ti >>

As a newcomer to Ridecamp, I think this type of insulting of personal opinions
is rude and unnecessary.  It's too bad that some really good info has been
jumbled among some very close-minded people.  I have no idea who you even are,
Tivers, but that comment about women was incredibly off-color when Jack
Nicholson said it, and downright CRASS coming from you.