Eating while travelling

Just saw your post about eating hay while travelling ... sorry to sound so
dense on this one, but a vet a told us to never feed while hauling due to
food getting hung and horse choking ... he had seen that happen.  I've been
paranoid on this ever since, but arrive at check in with a A- or B on gut
sounds.  I have just switched over from a stock type trailer to a Sundowner
slant sload w/ feed bags to attach.  Would you suggest using the factory
feed bags and keeping flakes of hay in there??

Thanks so much,

Christy Logan
logan@etex.net