Re: No Appetite

Shannon,
I think we're in-laws!  These two horses, Tez and Yaled, are most
certainly related.  You have described my horse perfectly.  His grain
intake most definitely seems to be related to his degree of muscle
soreness.  Unfortunately, his idea of the ride is to catch the horse
ahead of him, whether he can see said horse or not.  Yes, the adrenaline
rush sounds, oh, so familiar.  And, again, yes, he does much better
alone, although he still thinks his mission is to catch whoever is
ahead.  I'll try the probiotics again, but didn't notice any improvement
with them in the past.  Perhaps just additional years and careful
management will bring this goofball around. I've made it a point lately
to try to entice him to eat during training rides.  The best he has
managed on the trail is an occasional bite of clover.  Speed has been
slow and we usually train alone.  He is one intense puppy when there is
a rider up.
Thanks again for the encouragement,
Laura & Tez