Re: full recovery at vet checks?

CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com wrote:

> also temporarily causes a shift away from utilizing
> other energy sources, which also take time to gear back up again.

> the utilization of other energy sources that have been
> suppressed takes about 4 to 6 hours to "gear back up" so to speak, after there
> has been an insulin response and blood sugar has normalized (or if you are
> using it up through exercise, possibly even lowered).

Heidi -

I think I seem to be debating this one with myself, too!

Are we really talking about either/or here?  What about the "fat burning
on a flame of glycogen" thing?  Don't we need the glycogen to keep the
FFA's in the gut & the body-fat-as-needed fires burning?

Of course I'd rather stay away from major peaks & valleys in glycemia,
but don't we need some sugars along the way?  I'm not talking about a
bucketful of grain, but some is necessary, right?

-Abby