Please help save our horses!!!!

Calling attention to all breeders, owners and lovers of horses.  What do
we do to keep our friends out of the slaughter houses and off dinner
plates?  How do we protect them?

According to the USDA, over 358,000 horses and ponies were slaughtered
and processed in this country and exported to Europe for human
consumption in 1989. Additional 77,203 horses were exported live to
Canadian slaughterhouses. Each one of the animals killed every year is
an individual, sentient being, fully capable of feeling the boredom,
stress pain, thirst, fear and panic imposed on him or her. The meat
industry considers the animal a profit making item, whose death is
merely part of the production process.

"If slaughter houses had glass walls, everyone in the world would be a
vegetarian" ~Linda McCartney

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the
way it's animals are treated" -- Mahatma Gandhi

"If mankind and the world as a whole are to have a future, it will be
necessary that we reduce the selfish tendencies in our ethics in favor
of a higher regard for the community and for the whole of creation" --
Ernst Mayr (Biologist)

"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of
character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to
animals cannot be a good man" -- Arthur Schopenhauer (Philosopher)

URGENT CALL FOR HELP:  To show that we make a difference and to be
heard, completely eliminate BEEF out of our diets for a month to give
the industry a kick in the butt!  They have used horses to supplement
their income, now let's let them know it is unacceptable.  I am not
asking you to become a vegetarian or to stop eating all meats for a
month, just BEEF.  Why?  Because it is important that it be obvious to
the same people that are causing the inhumane treatment of our horses
that we are targeting them.  It is the only way to be heard.  Keep
eating everything else you normally would; chicken, fish, etc... but let
them know we have the power to influence the meat industry.  Boycott
BEEF for one month.  When they ask why the demand for BEEF has dropped,
we can tell them why.  It worked when they boycotted tuna to save the
dolphins.  So my friend, will you help to save the horses?  Mark your
calendars, for the month of March, eat chicken and seafood!!!!!

Please help by forwarding this message to as many people as you can.
Thank you!!!  Your fellow horseman.