endurance horse

An arabian horse is not absolutely necessary to do endurance.  It
depends on what you want to do, win, top 10 or finish.  Some Morgans,
part-morgans, quarterhorses, and mules do very well.  I have a
belgian,quarterhorse cross that has finished many miles.  I have a good
time at the rides, do not race, but have a sound,sane and fun horse to
ride.  Of course now that I am hooked, I also have an arabian, but I
still ride to have fun and to finish.  I think I would have your horse
checked out by your own vet before I decided that he was unsuitable.
Louise, Winston & Summitt