Tums, kudos

I recently read a tip, in Endurance News I think, to bring Tums while on a
ride and for the rider to take one at the stops "for the calcium".  I'm
ignorant... what does the calcium supplement help?  It did not say, in the
article.  I take 'em anyway occasionally just for standard heartburn, I was
just wondering what other purpose they serve.

I mostly lurk here and have yet to do my first competition (planned for this
fall), though I've done a lot of long and fast wilderness rides just for fun.
There is so much great info on this forum and so many extremely knowledgable
people willing to share.  And for free!  Yup, I sent my optional $10 to Steph
right away and registered for the new format as soon as I saw the request.
This is my main form of entertainment :-)  Wish I had had all the info on
azoturia 6 years ago when I had a lovely mare who tied up *every* time she was
ridden over 2 miles or so (even at a walk).

Karen "Ready" Bratcher and Bender
Hayden ID

tying up
tums