[Fwd: cut that won't heal]

I'm having problems with this whole e-mail thing, but hope this will
help.  Mickie

---- Begin included message ----
If this tuns out to be scratches,or mud fever as we tend to call it at
our barn, keeping the hair on the pasterns clipped short helps a lot,
providing you can do that.  If we have wet weather, I shave my gelding
from the knees down, very close around the pasterns.  Haven't had a
problem since.  It's hard to do while there is an existing cut, but can
be done carefully and may help it heal.
---- End included message ----