Re: Horse too fast!!

In a message dated 2/18/99 1:07:11 PM Pacific Standard Time,
zebella@northrim.net writes:

<< gads, I dunno percentage????  He gets 2.5 cups of oil a day, 2 quarts of
 beet pulp (unsoaked measure) free choice grass hay and 3 lbs of sweet
 COB, oh and a vit/min mix....right now in the dead of winter, he is
 doing nothing (well, keeping warm I guess) and he is just barely at a
 nice weight...he could stand to gain more....suggestions?

 and before anyone asks <G> yes, he has been floated and wormed :)

 tracy >>

About 35% of your concentrate is fat (oil). That's a pretty big number,
especially considering that there is probably another 5-8% fat in the grain.
And then the FFAs from the hay.

This is really interesting to me. Describe your horse and his behavior and
energy level again for us if you would. Also body condition. This is a genuine
fat loading diet.

ti