mules

Okay, mule-folks:  Am I correct to assume mule conformation should be
similar to what we seek in horse conformation for endurance?   A fellow
out at my barn alluded to me taking his mule on an endurance ride
(after conditioning, of course.)    I do feed her carrots but don't know
ANYTHING about working with these creatures.  I probably won't do it
anyway since I really enjoy working with my own animal...and am still
shopping  but did wonder about ability.  This is a molly mule,  tall (16
hands, at least) and not overly muscled bu her front legs are not
straight.  She turns out slightly at the pasterns.   Do all mules do
this?  Sorry, but I've never looked at one up close!   jan