Re: Strange bleeding feet (long)

In a message dated 2/15/99 1:48:51 PM Pacific Standard Time,
rward@admin.hilconet.com writes:

<< So, what could this be?  >>

Any tying up episodes of late?

I don't want to scare you but we were working with a Thoroughbred trainer at
Belmont who had gotten his horse very fit, then had to give three days off due
to weather. The day after the break, he took the horse out and it tied up like
a statue. The problem progessed to kidney failure and the filly died.

However, during the ten days it took the horse to die, founder symptoms, very
similar to what you describe, appeared. The hooves were about to separate
completely when the kidney problems took her life.

Watch her closely--check for rotation.

ti