Trails Petition

Well folks:

We are getting close to Convention time and the Annual Board of Directors Meeting of the AERC.

The petition I put on line has had a fair response. I have obtained 126 electronic responses and 25 by US Mule on paper.

This is your last opportunity to get behind this petition. Please, if you have not signed on, do so now.

I will be more than happy to receive original paper copies at the convention. I will be arriving on Thursday afternoon and hope to see you all there.

Bob Morris
Morris Endurance Enterprises
Boise, ID

                                                PETITION

                            TO THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
                AMERICAN ENDURANCE RIDE CONFERENCE

The undersigned members of the American Endurance Ride Conference
here-by petition the Board of Directors to undertake very serious
consideration of the state of trails in the United States and Canada.
Every day trails and access to trails is being denied and/or lost. The
causes for this are varied and range from unsubstantiated misguided
pseudo-science, unauthorized closing of trails by Agencies and by the
enactment of local, state and federal mandates.

The undersigned members of the American Endurance Ride Conference
here-by petition the Board of Directors to direct the Executive Director
of the AERC to place emphasis of trail matters within the Endurance
News, to seek out National and Regional trail problem areas and to
highlight and explore them to the benefit of the general membership.

The undersigned members of the American Endurance Ride Conference
here-by petition the Board of Directors to make the Trails Committee of
foremost importance and to work directly with this Committee to expand
the position of the AERC with in the National Trails Community.

The undersigned members of the American Endurance Ride Conference
here-by petition the Board of Directors to provide funds, by what ever
means necessary, to establish a presence on the National and Regional
Trails scene.

Since trails are essential to the conduct of endurance rides, and trails
are being lost at an alarming rate each year, the undersigned do not
believe these requests of the Board of Directors are unreasonable,
unnecessary or in any way in conflict with the AERC Articles of
Incorporation, By-laws or Rules and Regulations.

Please be advised that this petition was done by electronic means and
was not available to all AERC members. A full petition of all members
could show a difference.

NAME:

ADDRESS:

CITY:     STATE      ZIP: