Re:Cut that won't heal

>>My horse, Apache, has had a cut, or something similar, on his left back
leg for the entire 4 months that I have owned him.  The location of the
cut
is about 1 inch above his hoof, right where his foot bends if you pick
his
hoof up to clean it out.
April
Chattanooga, TN
adlee@bigfoot.com
<<

Is the cut verticle or horizontal?
I've found the verticle cuts are worse because each time the
horse takes a step, the cut opens and closes again.
I lost nearly a season of riding because Drake had a cut
that refused to close.  I tried the traditional medicine,
and it did not work.  Here's what did work.

Morning - a couple drops of tea tree and lavander oil.
Evening - a couple drops of castor oil, because the essential
oils tend to dry out the skin.

In less than a week, the wound closed.

On horses, generally, it is better to leave a wound open.
If you need to clean it out, then do so gently with a little
ebsons salt in water.  Otherwise, try to let it stay nice
and dry.

Wendy
Dragon Crest Ranch
Some where near Masonville Colorado