Re: stories

In a message dated 2/12/99 9:31:24 PM Pacific Standard Time, jlbenke@atnet.net
writes:

<< I want to hear about ride managers.  Especially the ones how don't know
 when to say enough is enough and keep on putting on exceptionally well run
 rides year after year. >>

Ride managers don't make as good a press as top riders do.  However, some of
us are gluttons for punishment!  We keep putting on our rides because we love
the outdoors and the trails we use, and we want to share them with other
riders at least a couple of times a year.  Clearing, repairing, and
constructing trails has given us some of the greatest pleasure we have ever
experienced.

Barbara & Lud McCrary
Ride managers, Castle Rock-Big Creek, Applegate-Lassen Trail, and Swanton
Pacific 100