Re: good "trail dogs"

In a message dated 2/12/99 4:17:57 PM Pacific Standard Time, elsie@calweb.com
writes:

<< So could everyone email me (not the list!!!) with their
 "perfect trail dog" (and indeed "dogs you should never
 consider as trail dogs because they are hopeless") and
 I will compile a list and repost to RC (if there's any
 interest). >>

Yes, and when you find the perfect dog, one that lives up to all your specs,
let ME know!!  The Aussie and the Border Collie are nice dogs, and we love
them, but they do have their agendas.  There's not a dog anywhere that I know
of that doesn't have some agenda that is unacceptable to the horse owner and
endurance rider, the gardener, etc., etc.  I once thought perhaps a Jack
Russell terrier would be nice, but the first one that set foot on our property
promptly jumped into my begonia bed and started digging for gophers.  That was
the end of that idea.

Barbara