Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 17:16:04 -0800 (PST)
From: Tom & Wendy <tjwsmere@ridgecrest.ca.us>
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: Angie's TrailBlazer articles

Carolyn,   I would like to know why you think that the "prominent" riders
are not "normal"?  Why that they do not also have very busy lives?   I work
a full time job, have a husband and two children at home, one child in
college and one in the Army.  I also train and show my hounds (I have three
Borzoi) in obedience, conformation and lure coursing.  Soooo, I am "just
like you" with my "over-crowded" life and am doing my best to juggle family,
work and riding!

Do not "prominent" riders have interesting stories to tell?  The folks you
label prominent (defined as top 10 listings in the EN) most likely do have
more experience in the sport.  They probably go to more rides, they probably
train harder, and they probably take more risks.  (Not all the folks listed
in the EN top ten race - Trilby is a good example, but she sure rides a heck
of a lot of miles!)  As such they are usually more interesting to read
about.

Wendy Merendini
& Fire Mt. Flikka - the amazing Wonder Mare!