Re: jointsaver

<< > Although this doesn't resolve the debate about whether Adequan is legal
or
 > not, I can at least shed some light on what it isn't--it is NOT an NSAID,
as
 > it isn't anti-inflamatory in the sense of actively blocking inflamation in
 > some biochemical way.  What it does is to help the injured joint to produce
 > the proper ingredients in normal joint fluid to keep the joint surfaces
 > healthy and lubricated.  The NSAID's are a fairly specific class of drugs
that
 > includes bute, banamine, aspirin, etc.
 >
 > Heidi
 I missed some of the post on Adequan. Where can you get it and can it be
 used on humans? Julie >>

Adequan is a licensed drug available from veterinarians. It is not an NSAID
but glycosaminoglycans--a component of cartilage and joint fluid.

ti