Re: jointsaver

In a message dated 2/11/99 10:03:52 PM Pacific Standard Time, CMKSAGEHIL
writes:

<< Although this doesn't resolve the debate about whether Adequan is legal or
not, I can at least shed some light on what it isn't--it is NOT an NSAID, as
it isn't anti-inflamatory in the sense of actively blocking inflamation in
some biochemical way.   >>

Thank you Heidi, for educating someone (me) who really didn't know what
Adequan was.  Well, I knew it was supposed to lubricate the joints by helping
produce synovial fluid (have I got that right?), but I thought it was also an
anti-inflammatory.  Perhaps, then, it is not forbidden.  It could hardly be
considered more advantageous to the horse than vitamins, I would think.  We
really need to find out about this ... perhaps it should be brought to light
at one of the meetings at the convention.  Thanks again.

Barbara