Re: Redmond salt

Just thought I would share this information from the ABC catalog about
Redmond Salt...

Normal salt begins as a saline solution.  Then after processing and kiln
drying at temps of 350-400 degrees, its natural state is changed and
nearly all trace minerals are lost.  Chemicals are then used to bleach
the salt, prevent caking and aid in free flowing.  REDMOND SALT, on the
the other hand, is made from rock salt.  It has not been in solution for
well over 50 million years!  REDMOND SALT is not kiln dried or processed
with chemicals.  REDMOND SALT is in its truly natural state of pure
sodium chloride and minerals your horse's body needs.

I know my horses show a decided preference for the Redmond Salt than
they do to any of the other TM salts I have tried.  Just thought I would
share that info.
Maggie