Re: jointsaver

In a message dated 2/11/99 9:50:29 PM Pacific Standard Time,
BMcCrary27@aol.com writes:

<< As I
 read your attached file, I would have placed Adequan in the NSAID category.
 It IS an anti-inflammatory drug, isn't it?  Or WHAT is it?  Mike Tomlinson,
 where are you when we need you? >>

Although this doesn't resolve the debate about whether Adequan is legal or
not, I can at least shed some light on what it isn't--it is NOT an NSAID, as
it isn't anti-inflamatory in the sense of actively blocking inflamation in
some biochemical way.  What it does is to help the injured joint to produce
the proper ingredients in normal joint fluid to keep the joint surfaces
healthy and lubricated.  The NSAID's are a fairly specific class of drugs that
includes bute, banamine, aspirin, etc.

Heidi