Re: jointsaver

>In a message dated 2/10/99 9:10:07 AM Pacific Standard Time, Wstazick@aol.com
>writes:
>
><<   I've received some product information on two products by Figuerola
> Nutraceutical, they are "Jointsaver" which has Glucosamine HCL & Chondroitin
> Sulfate and the other one is an alternative to bute called
> "Inflammationsaver".  I'm interested in these two products for a 20 yr. old
> retired competitive trail horse who still wants to go at compettion speed but
> says it hurts.  He has an arthritic stifle.  Has anyone used thes products or
> have you heard anything on them.  I'd be intrested in hearing.
> You can e-mail me privately if you like.  Thanks.
>
>                                                   Wanda  >>
>
>The "jointsaver" sounds like the right mix--any information on what's in the
>inflammation product?
>
>ti

The inflammation product is Peruvian "Cat's Claw" -- Uncaria Tomentosa.
I've used both products on my older gelding who is arthritic in the hocks
and he started bouncing around like a youngster.  He's now in a paddock
with several other horses so I've gone back to a monthly Adequan shot just
because of ease of administration, but he didn't need the Adequan when he
was by himself and I was giving him the nutraceuticals  top-dressed on his
feed.  The Cat's Claw is reported also to boost the immune system and I've
started a mare with a small melanoma on it.

And I take both products myself and feel I have fewer aches and pains
(arthritic back) and certainly have been able to cut my own NSAID usage.

Lynn Kinsky (Santa Ynez, CA)
http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky