Re: Cattle Ivermectin pour-on

In a message dated 2/10/99 10:46:20 AM Pacific Standard Time,
helgeson@lansford.ndak.net writes:

<< So if you are going riding in a tick infested area. How long before the
 ride should you give the ivormec and how long after you give it will it
 keep on killing ticks? >>

Ivermectin isn't particularly a preventative--just a way of killing them once
they are on.  There are blood levels for a few days, but I understand the
"killing time" after administration is quite short.  If you ride in tick-
infested areas, I would just suggest that you use it every 6 weeks or so--you
CAN use it more often if needed.

Heidi