Re: Bad News

---horse Connect - Donna Paton <donna@webexpress.net.au> wrote:

> I have to make a really hard decision this weekend. The horse I
talked about
> earlier has now been x-rayed and  I have a horse that has a rotated
pedal
> bone.  She has founder and a crack from the wall to the pedal bone.

Why did this happen?  Is it her confirmation or an injury?  (Sorry if
I missed an earlier post on the subject.)  If it's confirmation, DON'T
breed her!  She might pass that weakness on.  If it was an injury, ask
yourself what you would want to live with if you were her.  Will she
be in pain?  Can she be ridden?  Can she be driven?  Is there a local
charity that uses horses where she'd be happy?  To me, if she'll have
a quality life, give her that chance.  If she'll only be in pain the
rest of her life, do the "humane" thing.

I'm sorry you're going through this.  You'll be in my prayers.

Best wishes,

Susan Young
Glenndale Grace Farm
Muskogee, OK