To Sports Saddle Users

I ride in an endurance Sports Saddle made with the withers peaked to
accomodate my horse's conformation.  Originally I used a Skito Equalizer
pad with the foam pads inside.  I now use the foam pieces in a spandex
cover in between my saddle and a Woolback pad.  We also use a breastplate
and crupper.

My gelding seems to do well with this arrangement -- lots of shoulder room
and no back soreness.  The hair over his withers, though, became wavy
almost immediately.  Is this a sign of trouble?

Cindy Eyler
Baltimore