Fuel use during treadmill testing

Beth Glace winorpin@aol.com
Hey Tom,
I've been thinking about the RERs you saw during 4 hours treadmill exercise.  Did you write that for the most part the values were above 1.0?  This would mean that the ratio of CO2 to O2 was greater than 1.  Usually that is associated with hyperventilation or anaerobic work, which I am sure was not happening during exercise of such long duration.  Ponder, ponder.... What type of metabolic cart were you using? Had the horse just eaten?  What type of diet does the horse usually receive? It would not strike me as unusual if you said that you saw RERs approaching 1.0, but above 1.0 seems very different than human responses.  Interesting stuff Tom.  Please respond to me directly at the above email, since I do not subscribe to ridecamp at home and am having trouble accessing the most recent archives.
Thanks,
Beth and Klassy, counting down the last few hours of the year .... :]  Happy New Year to All!

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-