Re: RC: Endurance Late Late News!!!

> Mike Everett mareverett@abts.net
> I would like to see AERC go to an online magazine. ... AERC could have live coverage of some of the prominent rides and we
> could even have a means to vote online. >>

I would not like to lose the print version, but an e-zine version, well, that would certainly be fun, a web site where updates
might happen weekly or even daily if enough new news was occuring. Although, we've had live as possible coverage of some big
events on-line already. It would make it easier for them to print far more letters from members as well.

> Advertisers would reach many more customers which would give them more bang for their buck!>>

Clickable links to the advertiser's web pages?  That would be good, especially if the companies keep their web sites current.
But for sitting down and look at advertising, I really like a print medium, but have had the irritation of going through 12
issues of some magazine looking for an ad I saw ONCE, only to go through the magazines twice before locating the
advertisement.  I'd rather have clickable links on a e-zine and a once a year print issue with advertisements.

> If some people just have to have a newsletter or magazine then they could always use their printer. Endurance news is old
> news when you get it. Point standings for when? We should make our website first class. What do you think? Mike Everett

Using a printer is do-able I guess, but it doesn't store as neatly in a magazine box.  I really prefer a magazine in print to
one on-line but the print version needn't be monthly, if in addition to the constantly updated web-zine, EN did a once a year
print copy containing the year end's final standings, all the non-time sensitive articles from the year's worth of on-line
magazine, and a buyer's guide to advertisers.  One issue in print for the year.  Everything in one place for ease of
reference. Sort of an Endurance News catalog.

That way the 'zine is still montly, the articles come out monthly, but rather than store it all electronically forever, or
require a person to man their printer and make files to hold the resulting printed articles, each year would be as a catalog
issue, consentrated information of the sort that doesn't get old as quickly, a single issue to keep.  Would be good, and then
when the articles scrolled from the memory banks online to make room for the newer material, members would have the year's end
issue on the shelf for future reference, or to pass on to someone new to endurance as good information in one place.

anyway, just wanted to put in my $.02 worth.<G>  I liked the idea but not the part where it would completely eliminate the
print medium.
--
Karla Dick