Re: Endurance Bloodlines

Hi Maggie
The friend I have that was persuaded to breed straight Egyptian was told
to concentrate on showing halter because that has always been where the
big money has been for sales. It's not unusual for halter horses to go
for $20,000 on up whereas performance horses have to be big winners to
get those prices. Why that is, I simply don't know. Maybe it's because
people with a lot of money but no horse experience can buy a pretty
horse and watch them win ribbons and partake in the social life that
goes with all that---and there is that!  Big time partying--I remember
Lasma and Karho days.
I just did the web page for the Peace Foundation's Ranch, Windermere, in
Santa Barbara. Now they breed primarily straight Egyptian (although they
have bred to my Halynov and Explodent (my Ptersk son, now deceased), and
they raise their horses as I do: in the herd environment and with
natural training techniques. You can find their site at
http:www.peacefulhorses.com  and you will note that they have wonderful
Egyptian bloodlines. A great place from which to get athletic horses.
I hope you do really well with your stallion and be a role model for
other owners of Egyptian breeding.
Happy holidays
Bette