Re: RC: Endurance Bloodlines

Happy Holidays
Well, when you start talking about endurance bloodlines, I can lurk no
more. I'd like to invite you to visit my website and particularly the
About Our Stallion page.  The Russian bloodlines are noted for speed and
size (not to mention quiet and willing temperaments). Bev Scott's
Russian-bred Staccato get have done exceedingly well in race and
endurance. Although my Halynov is a relative newcomer, his get now just
old enough to do some serious competition, I believe we shall see that
more and more of the Russians (and their out crosses) will prove
themselves exceptional athletes. Remember, the Russians grabbed
(borrowed?) the best of the Polish program during the Nazi invasion of
Poland, got the best of the French racing program through Kann (and look
at what the French are doing in racing right now, although I question
some of the parentage of recent times), bought the best of the Crabbet
stock, and received Aswan as a gift from Egypt infusing "attitude" and
speed.
Yes, there really is a "speed gene" and many of the Russians have it. In
fact there was a great race in Janov between Russian and Polish bred and
the Russians "kicked tush". Of course the out crosses are incredible and
I do not stick to a "straight anything" line--just mergers between
incredible athletes and Russians are a hybrid to begin
with--sooo---enough of my soapbox. I had hoped to finish more of my
pedigree research page to include more pics...someday.
No need to flame me---all of the breeding programs have merits and my
brood mares are diverse. I just believe the Russian program deserves
mention here as it is frequently overlooked.
Cheers
Bette Lamore