Re: RC: Endurance News - for or by members?

> How right you are...we expected to know what is going on and yet there is not enough
> room according to Doyle to print the information we are entitled to have.

I admit, I was quite disapointed when I submitted a letter to the AERC
office and the BOD, December 14 last year, with a proposal for
restructuring the membership system.  My letter was written in conjunction
with several other individuals who discussed the matter quite extensively
before writing.  At least one other person also wrote about the same issue
to the EN about the same time.  We were hoping to generate some discussion
on the issue and perhaps see it put on the agenda of some future BOD
meeting, but my letter was never published in the EN, nor acknowledged by
the AERC office in any way.  Neither was the other letter printed, nor
even acknowledged AIR.

> This is what I am paying for...NOT a lot of hype and ads...  I say drop some of the
> saddle fit, etc stories and get down to ENDURANCE NEWS!!!!  I would rather see ONE
> issue a year of ads...or maybe a separate buyers guide to make room for the
> information we need.  TB does a good job on all the rest...

I don't think reducing or separating out the advertisers is a good idea
for financial reasons, but I don't see any reason that more good stuff
can't be put in there. Let the members speak!

As for trail news not being printed, please let me state that as editor of
the SERA newsletter, I have never refused to print anything remotely
relevant to our membership, and would be very pleased to print an article
on the Hike to the Hill for Trails or any other trail- or
endurance-related issues of national impact.  We don't have the readership
that the EN has, but I'm pretty sure our newsletter is at least read. :)
I is published and mailed promptly the first week of every month.  Send me
what you got!

Glenda & Lakota
Mobile, AL
AERC # M18819 & H27310