RE: Re: re Hiking the Hill for trails

To all:

Nancy quoted<<<I offered to write an article with these important issues
included and his
response was: "Don't expect that we will print it after you write it. I am
just letting you know in advance we can't accept everything submitted.">>>

I find that very discouraging. If the membership is to be heard, if the
membership is to be encouraged to participate in this organization, if the
AERC is to be of the membership then the membership should have a very
strong voice.

The statement by Doyle, taken in the manner presented, tells me that he is
exercising some de facto censorship! I say, let the Executive Director
solicit articles for the EN but also encourage unsolicited articles and
publish the meritorious ones. Those pertinent to the strong issues of the
time.

But to discourage the submittal of anything for the EN? Doyle, you owe us an
explanation. The EN is not only a magazine FOR the members it has been, and
must always be a magazine BY the members.

Professional authors are often times not cognizant of the importantance of
certain aspects of the sport. That comes from the offerings of the members.

Bob Morris
Morris Endurance Enterprises
Boise, ID