[Fwd: Trails funding - DISCUSSION]

sorry in advance if this is a repeat - I just noticed that
ridecamp was not cc'd on the message in my mailbox, I have
been deleting heavily lately.   I think this is an important
thing for all RC to see.  I heard that there was an effort
to start a trails web-page group before but it fell apart.
As I stated before I don't have the expertise myself to do
this but I feel it would be very valuable.  If no one in
AERC has the combination of time and expertise to set up a
page hows about setting up a special fund to hire someone if
there is a problem or concern with using general trails
funds to do that?  If I can paraphrase some of the breeders
"If its worthwhile shouldn't we be willing to pay for it?"
I'll pledge $50.00 if the trails committee sets up a fund
to  get a web page built  and  to implement Glenda's
organizational ideas by creating a grad student position.
Anybody else willing to make a special trails fund
contribution to make sure things happen?

Teresa Van Hove
#M17417

---- Begin included message ----

>>I'd also really like to see AERC, or the trails committee set up a trails
web page. I could/would even contribute a page toward it with links to some
other trails groups like BCH and American Trails but I lack the expertise to
do a complete job even if I had the time - my ideal AERC trails web page
would have forms for folks to post requests for letters to agencies to keep
horse access etc, as well as success stories, maybe a "trail hero of the
year/month/or week competition with a nomination and voting cabability and
so forth.  Perhaps we can think about recruiting a CS student to do this -
it is a pretty big job.

We've talked about this - and all agree it's a good idea. We just need
somebody with the time/skill to do it. (the volunteer part of the
organization). I can serve it (aerc.org)and keep it updated with whatever
info people will send me - but don't have the time/committment to
get it started. Connie Berto has been wanting to do this for
quite a while, but hasn't been able to find the time either.
Any volunteers out there? We can't pay you, but can give you
credit and lots of thanks!

Steph

---- End included message ----