Re: RC: Re: Trails funding - DISCUSSION

I agree with Glendas suggestions and would add  - Use trail funds money to join
American Trails as a supporting member ( this gives 3 of their newsletters - send
them to 3 regional newletter editors and make arrangemnents for passing on info to
others.)  This also give 3 discounted registrations to the American Trails annual
symposium - the AT symposium is a biggie- lots of trails groups, different trails
users and ALL the major trails agencies attend - lets use trails funds to pay the 3
discounted registrations too, I'm sure it would be worth while.

I'd also really like to see AERC, or the trails committee set up a trails web page.
I could/would even contribute a page toward it with links to some other trails
groups like BCH and American Trails but I lack the expertise to do a complete job
even if I had the time - my ideal AERC trails web page would have forms for folks to
post requests for letters to agencies to keep horse access etc, as well as success
stories, maybe a "trail hero of the year/month/or week competition with a nomination
and voting cabability and so forth.  Perhaps we can think about recruiting a CS
student to do this - it is a pretty big job.

NOW- if all this would overwhelm the trails fund - lets get EN to donate some free
advertising and promote the trails fund.  RM's could advertise for the trails fund
too I'd gladly increase my donation - IF I know that its for a specific good
purpose, and similiarly would glady promote the trails fund as a RM if I can tell
people that the $$ would do a specific good thing.

Teresa Van Hove
# M17417  and Long X ride manager