Re: RC: Re: Carl Raswan

At 08:35 PM 12/19/99 +0100, you wrote:

>Therefore my statements starts with an "if"...

	I've seen enough documentation to convince me he did not spend years.

>who in the world cares, what is true
>and what is story,

	I do, if what he presents as fact is in actuality, *his* opinion, and not
the view of the horse breeding tribes. The length of time he spent in the
desert is not the only thing that was exaggerated or misrepresented for the
sake of the "story".

>if the stories are so beautiful and contains exact descriptions of
>the Arabian horse, and people. This books will be in reprint again and
again, for
>decades. Don't critizize,

	Excuse me, but how can one possibly improve things if one uncritiaclly
accepts as fact all one is told? I have copies of most of Raswan's
writings, valued references, but I don't blindly accept everything the man
said. He did indeed perform great service to the Arab horse in many ways.
That does not make him infallible. The man had his own agenda.

>sorry not knowing SPCA, is this the Animal Rights Police?

Animal welfare.

>Did you even have a clue
>that culture, prosperity, and time totally differs total from presence?

	Did I in any way imply that it did not? I merely pointed out that, while
dates might well have been a staple item of diet, and while it may be true
that they are nutritious, these horses were, by no stretch of the
imagination, well-fed. I did not castigate their owners, who often saw to
their horses' welfare at the expense of their own. The fact that those same
animals, who spent the greater part of their existence on the brink of
starvation only deepens my respect for their athletic ability. I have the
utmost admiration for these people, as well as their horses. That is why I
chose the bloodlines that I breed.
				--CMNewell