Re: RC: trade show 'donation'

In a message dated 12/17/1999 3:27:10 PM Pacific Standard Time,
teddy@runningbear.com writes:

<< WE will win.>>>

Here we go again.  The WE against the AERC as a living breathing entity which
you seem to think is out to gouge everyone and has a board that only votes in
stupid things that cost the poor members money.  What a crock!

<<<< IMO, Easycare and Sportack are only "sucking in" to look good.  Most
vendors cannot afford to do such deals. >>>>

Then don't do such deals but don't pick on the ones who do.  Yeah, darn
Easycare and Sportack for "sucking up".  I just hate how they spend their
money to support AERC and its members, year after year after year.  Just call
Garrett and ask for something and it is there for you.  Janine was always
willing to donate too.  Neither one of them every turned me down for anything
I asked for and I am sure I was only one of hundreds who asked for donations.

 <<<Boy do I hate sheep!!!! Seems there a LOT of them in AERC and a wolf at
the
 head....>>>>>

Well you do know the answer to that one.  Vote for someone else or better yet
run yourself.  We genuinely try to do our best and after every meeting get
totally blasted.  The AERC, the board and now poor Doyle are always the
adversaries.  I don't much care to burn 3 days vacation, a couple of hundred
for a hotel room, $400 to 500.00 for air fare and a weekend of getting
someone to babysit my dogs, fish, cats and horses to get complained at.  And
this is twice a year, although the plane fare to Reno is a lot cheaper for me
but not for the board members on the east coast.  I chose to run for the
board and am not complaining about the money, just pointing out a fact you
all might have missed.

I am sorry, but $5.00 is not that much.  And before I hear about all the
people who are poor, I am one of them.  You afford what you have to and do
without on other things to do what you want.  That is why I have 4 horses I
can't afford.  .....I work one job and support myself in one of the most
expensive places in the United States to live.  That is not meant as a
complaint so don't flame me for that.  It is just a fact.  I live here
because I was born here and like it.

And, by the way, I don't always agree with most of the people on the board .
I think there are a lot of things wrong and I would like to see them fixed.

I also don't agree with Doyle a lot, but I think he is doing a hell of a job
and any of you who don't think so, should visit the office sometime.  And
don't email me to tell me you live too far away.  I know some do.

The bottom line is that if you don't like the way things are run, vote
someone else in or run yourselves.  I have been riding endurance for 26 years
and I can guarantee you that it won't change anything.

Maryben Stover
West Region Director