Trade Show Donation?

This Mandatory Donation? Seems to fall into the same category as NATRC's
recent increase in the Nonmember Rider fee.  It also apparently was voted on
by the BOD without any previous discussion.  It was more or less looked on as
ONLY $5.  Same as some of you have said It's only $5 and it will go to a good
cause.  Well, I donate to my favorite things but do not feel as if I should
be able to control who you donate to.  It is sort of like a TAX and if it is
mandatory it is NOT a donation.  This reasoning sounds like the Government,
they know how we should spend our money much better than we do.  If you
believe that then this fee will sound good to you.  After all it is only $5
and the BOD voted on it and of course it is tax deductible.
It is very nice of Garrett to offer to deduct it from his products.  Being as
small as I am however I will not feel good about not being able to afford to
do that.  A lot of people just come in to browse, visit or perhaps to see a
demo.  I usually have some friends and relatives who come down to say Hi.
Bet they won't pay $5 for the privilege.  My husband even wanders in and out
and he has some of his buddies that usually meet him there they will love the
idea.  He usually comes by so I can have something to eat perhaps a potty
break.  Yes, this sounds like a real good idea to me.  Why not just tack on a
$5 fee to all entries for trails?  After all it's only $5.  Who decides which
trails are worthy of this money?
Perhaps I am all wet and it wouldn't be the first time but I really do not
like it when someone else votes a raise in my donations, taxes or whatever
they want to call it.  Even if it is only $5.  Sometimes I have trouble
coming up with that $5.  Lovell