Re: Pony Thief-HELP-Update

We loaned a pony of ours to my farrier last year as his small daughters
wanted to ride and my son was busy with soccer.  He was going to keep the
pony on the acreage that their house was on, have a new Coggins pulled and
keep her feet trimmed in exchange for using her.

A month later, I drove by their house and the pony wasn't there.  I called
and left a couple of messages but no return phone call.  He came out to do
our horses and I asked where the pony was.  "Oh, we moved her and the other
horses to another pasture someone said we could use."

I got very nervous not knowing where she was and it really bothered me that
they moved her without asking our thoughts.  We told him that we had a
family camping weekend coming up that we wanted to take the pony on, got her
back the next day and then explained that our son was finished with soccer
and wanted to keep her home again.  They had never had the Coggins drawn and
her old one had expired but it was a very valuable lesson I learned at that
cheap price.  My horses don't leave the property without me anymore.

Good luck with your pony and do keep us posted on the legal proceedings.

Sue Fritsche
of bluemoonacres@worldnet.att.net
in Middle Tennessee

Sallie posted -
SNIP  Long story short, I can have the pony back for $500.  My husband and I
decided if it was going to cost $500 to get our own pony back, it is going
to cost "Mr. Businessman" too - in court.