using euthanasia

From: Kristi
Email: iluvdez@yahoo.com

In no way do I condone "convenience
killing", but what I did may seem
convenient to some. My horse was diagnosed with navicular and declined
rapidly; I spent lots
of money trying to keep him comfortable
(acupuncture, laser, bute, etc) but he
was almost always in pain. When I told
the vet at the teaching hospital that I
wanted to end his suffering, I was
"scolded" and told that I should pay for
a neurectomy (hope I remembered the word
right - nerve block surgery). I
1)couldn't afford the surgery 2) had no
idea what I'd "do" with the horse - I
couldn't use him for long distance and 3) did NOT want to sell him not knowing where he'd end up because of his condition (he would still be LAME in my book - he just wouldn't know it). So, was having him euthanized a convenience? Some would say it was. That was over a
year ago, and I still second-guess
myself. Kristi