Putting a horse down

Sorry yall, but this is just too crazy...
I will tell you my experience.  I put down a foal who was blind and only
had one eye (birth defect).  I cried and cried.  She came running up with
her mom and WE KILLED HER.  Yes, she would have probably broken a leg soon
enough and lived a life of misery, but it still bothers me.
I have put two others down in the rages of colic...both already had
ruptured stomachs...even that was hard.
My thoughts...unless they are in pain, who are we to end their life?
OK, flame away...but if they are not in pain, you have done the same thing
that guy in NV did only on a smaller scale, no matter how you "Justify" it.
And it can't be undone...
Louise Burton
Firedance Farms Arabians
Oklahoma